I cannot believe how fast time has gone by!! I also can't believe how big our baby boy is getting. I weighed him at a friend's house this week, and he was 10 pounds!!! He has started to outgrow his small onesies and smaller socks. I had to get a bin so that I could start putting the clothes he outgrows in it to get them out of his drawers. Last Saturday, he smiled at me for the first time, and my heart melted. It was the best thing ever. The scab from his umbilical cord also fell off last Saturday (I know he was a little delayed in this area). It was a big day for him. He went to his first restaurant this week, well, Chick-Fil-A is still considered a restaurant, right? He goes for his two month check-up and shots next week, a day I am dreading. I got two shots today (whooping cough and flu), and my arms are sore! I can only imagine what he is going to feel next week. I wish I could take all the pain for him.
As I am typing, Jaxson is playing on his monkey gym, and he can now hit the little zebra on it. He is also staring at himself in the little mirror on it. I think this is the longest he has looked at himself. He is turning his head but keeping his eyes on the mirror, it is the funniest thing!!! He is trying to smile at himself too. I love watching him discover new things. He is getting much better at finding his fist and thumb and sucking on them. He has started tracking my voice too, which makes a momma feel good knowing her baby knows her voice and likes it enough to track it:) It's the small things in life that I love nowadays. He loves to listen to any kind of music. I turn on my iTunes, which has all kinds of music, yes, it even has lullabies on it, and he just goes to town kicking and moving. He also likes to dance around the house with me, well, I like to think he likes it.
I have come to see how much my parents love me because I have so much love for this little boy. It gives me so much more respect for my parents. I always knew they loved me, but I had no idea how much until now. I never knew my heart could love someone so much! I would do anything for him.

1 comment:
I think he looks a little like his mama also...
Post a Comment