Monday, September 22, 2008

I'm a Survivor


Mom took some pictures of us before she left.
I just love this face. He was doing some tummy time, which he usually loves unless he is sleepy, then it isn't much fun for any of us:)
Jaxson on his monkey gym mat. He is just so adorable!!
I wonder if he will continue to suck his thumb?
Grandma and Grandpa came to see Jaxson last week. Of course they coudln't take their eyes off of him. Grandpa refused to hold him though because he is too little. Scott used to be the same way so I just laughed when Grandpa said that.


Today is the first day I am on my own with Jaxson. I'm so not going to lie, I have been nervous about this day for a while. My mom left on Saturday so Scott and I had our first weekend with Jaxson by ourselves. We did a little shopping yesterday, and I got my haircut. My hair was fixed for the first time in over two weeks yesterday, isn't that horrible? For some reason, fixing my hair hasn't seemed like something that I wanted to spend time on. Jaxson is so amazing and precious, words can't describe the feeling of being a mommy!! Scott and I were talking last night about how much we love Jaxson. Who would have thought you wouldn't get mad when you had to change the sheets at 2 in the morning? Yes, that did happen the first week Jaxson was home, he had a little accident when I was changing him on our bed and needless to say, I have not changed him on our bed since then:)

After being with my mom last week, I have a new found appreciation for her and all she has done for me. She is the most amazing woman I know, and I only hope that I can be the same person to Jaxson that she is to me. Our wonderful English language does not have the words to describe how much she means to me. Thank you, Mom for everything!

To get away from the mushy stuff, we gave Jaxson a bath the other night, and he managed to poop in the tub, and I think he peed about 4 times. It was absolutely hillarious!!! All Scott and I could do was laugh, and neither of us could believe the little boy could be pee so much! We are learning more and more every day about the small things in life. I have realized that some of Jaxson's facial expressions are the exact same ones I make, and I can't help but smile every time I see him doing it.

1 comment:

allyo said...

I am not sure how I just now found your blog, but I am glad that I did. Jaxson is so cute! You look awesome. Isn't being a mommy the best?!?! Hope to see you this weekend in A-town.