Thursday, June 26, 2008

JAXSON BRADFORD PETRENCIK

We finally have a middle name!!!! Scott and I went through the entire alphabet on the way back from San Antonio trying to pick a middle name. Let me just say some of the names were crazy, and I never thought I could laugh that much trying to pick out a name. We had it narrowed down to 3 names but couldn't make up our minds so we asked our families to pick which letter they liked the best and "B" won.

We went to the doctor yesterday and everything looks good. His heart rate was 143. Jaxson is still a little boy, no doubt about it:) He was moving around the entire time so it was hard for her to explain everything she was looking at because when she would try to stop on something, he would kick or move. She said he weighs 2 lbs 4 oz and is about 12 1/2 inches long!!! That seems so big yet so small. It is crazy to think that 9 weeks ago he only weighed 9 oz. Scott was amazed to find out how much he is going to grow this last trimester.

Oreo is limping around the house right now. I noticed it last week while Scott was in California, but she didn't cry or wimper. In fact she wanted to go for walks and run around, but she would limp the entire time. I tried seeing if it was something in her paw, felt all over her hips and back, but once again, she didn't act like anything hurt. I had to work so I couldn't take her to the vet so when Scott got home, he got to see what she was doing. At first Scott thought she might be doing it so she could get some cheese (that is how we give her medicine), but Sunday she chased a ball down the hall and then did the 3-legged walk back to me, and all I could do was laugh because she looked so pittiful and funny (I know that is mean, but you probably would have laughed too). Needless to say, Scott said he would take her to the vet on Monday. Come to find out, she tore her ACL!!! I had no clue dogs could do that. I'm sure she probably jumped or fell off the couch while I was at work last week and that is how she did it. We have to keep her on a leash for the next couple of weeks, and the vet said it could take 2 months to heal completely! Every time she has to go to the bathroom we have to put her on the leash, even in the backyard because she isn't supposed to be running. She doesn't like it too much, but she seems to be getting a little better.

I will take another belly pic in the next week and post it. Scott is loving the growing belly, and it is starting to get hard for me to put my shoes on and get up off the couch. I can only imagine how it will be in a couple of months! Oh well, I guess Scott will have to help me:) It's a good thing I wear slip ons to work. I don't think Scott would be too happy if he had to get up to help me put my shoes on. I have had to cut back on jogging because it is not comfortable. It actually is quite painful, but Dr. Deem has assured me that walking will get my heart rate up just as well as jogging does. I am working on forcing myself to walk (yesterday was my first attempt). Jaxson has started putting his little foot or fist up in my stomach and diaphragm which needless to say is not the most comfortable thing in the world. I am loving being pregnant though(at least for now);) It still amazes me every night when I lay down and Scott and I watch my belly move around and know that there is a little boy in there that has everything we have. I am soaking up every minute of this time and getting to see God's work right in front of my eyes.

No comments: