We made another trip to Abilene a couple of weekends ago to see everyone, and Jaxson did great. Our families got to see him grinning and hear him cooing. They couldn't believe how big he had gotten. We got to eat Thanksgiving dinner with Mike, Norma, Amy and Taylar on Sunday and then went to the zoo on Monday. It was a great weekend. Scott has been home with us these last two weeks, and it has been awesome!! We have gone Christmas shopping, relaxed and just played around. Jaxson's new favorite thing to do is stare at the tv while he is on the floor. We put our Christmas tree up on Sunday, which is the first time I have ever put my tree up before Thanksgiving. I wanted to enjoy it and not feel rushed so we decided to do it while Scott was off. Jaxson laid on the floor and watched, and he is now in awe of the lights. He loves to look at the tree and all the lights. He helped us put ornaments on it, well, as much as a 2 month old can:) Our next thing is to wrap presents.
As I am thinking of this week and the holidays, I can't help but realize how incredibly blessed I am to have Scott and Jaxson. They are both amazing, and I cannot imagine my life without them. I have absolutely loved my time off with Jaxson, and I am dreading going back to work, but I am also thankful to have a job to go back to. It has also been awesome seeing my parents as grandparents, they are so in love with Jaxson. Adam is one of the proudest uncles I have ever seen, he loves holding and just looking at Jaxson, and I love watching him do so. Taylar is in awe of Jaxson and always wants to look at him when we are over there. She loves her Scott too, and she thinks he is so funny. Amy thinks Jaxson is adorable. Matt and Traci are about to see how much he has grown, and they are in love with him as well. It is amazing what babies do to families!!!! The love for this little boy is incredible!
We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby Owen as well, another thing we are so thankful for. I know Matt and Traci can't wait to see his face, and I can't wait for them to have their little boy in their arms so they can understand what I am always talking about when I say it is crazy to love someone so much who can't say it back to you.
Have a great Thanksgiving!!

No comments:
Post a Comment